Time for Showings
You’ve found properties on the MLS you’re interested in seeing, I have set up your showings and we head out soon to see them! Before we head out here are a few important things to know:
1. Some sellers require you are pre-approved before being able to see their home.
2. Sellers may require 24 hours notice prior to showings. They may also put other limitations on showings such as no showings after 6pm or on Sundays, etc.
3. Dress for the weather. The walkway or driveway may be snowy, icy, muddy, etc. The house may or may not have AC or heat.
4. Vacant houses may not have any utilities turned on.
5. Don’t assume we’ll be able to use the restroom so plan accordingly.
6. Focus on the property not their furnishings, artwork, etc. as you’re buying the property not their stuff.
7. Avoid touching furniture or personal items as we don’t want to be responsible should something break.
8. Remind children not to play with the toys and things they see in the house.
9. Some sellers will have Nanny Cams in their homes so be aware of what you say and do. Don’t talk about how much you can afford, what kind of offer you want to make on the home, etc. while in the house in case someone is listening.
10. If sellers are home, be careful not to give too much away about yourself and why you’re buying as that information could hurt us later during the negotiation process.
Generally the day before we are scheduled to look at homes I will email you an address of where we are meeting and when. If you prefer I pick you up and drive you, that’s perfectly fine, just let me know at least one day in advance.
Now let’s go see homes!